Saturday, June 28, 2008
The Science Olympiad Coaches Conference:
· Open to all teachers, parents, and students
· Special sessions for new coaches and parents
· Sessions lead by experienced teachers and coaches
· Exclusive access to a website with all presenter materials and handouts available.
· Only $125 per person
For more details and to register, go to www.floridascienceolympiad.org and click on Coaches Conference.
Are you one of those experienced coaches who would like to present a session and share ideas with others on how to prepare? Submit to present a session at a Coaches Conference. If you are selected, you will receive a $25 honorarium per session. If you submit and present for four or more sessions (presenting 2 events 2 times each) you will receive a free registration, a $25 honorarium per session, and hotel for 1 night if you are farther than 200 miles from the site.) Sign up on the Coaches Conference page at www.floridascienceolympiad.org .
If you have questions or would like more information about the Science Olympiad, please contact Mike McKee at (407)823-6890, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
The Part-time Job Fair is a popular event for employers who have part-time employment needs, as well as for students who wish to gain experience while in school and defray part of their college expenses. Approximately 1,000 students of various majors and classifications are expected to attend this event.
Registration fees and deadlines for the Fall 2008 Part-time Job Fair
- Early Registration Deadline: August 8th, 2008
- Regular Registration Deadline: August 22nd, 2008
- Early Registration Fee: $150.00
- Regular Registration Fee: $200.00
The following are included with your registration:-One 6ft. x 30 in. table for two representatives (Extra rep is $25.00, only 3 reps total are allowedà no exceptions)-Lunch
Displays must fit within the 6ft. x 30in. table dimensions.
This includes elements of the display that may extend beyond the prescribed space limitations. If more space or reps are needed, companies are encouraged to purchase an additional table ($150-200).
Space is limited and table assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for this event will close on *August 22nd, 2008* or when the event is sold out, whichever occurs first. To ensure your participation and inclusion in all related publicity, please return your completed registration form as soon as possible. Changes to your registration must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than August 8th, 2008. No changes will be made after this date.
Registration & Payment Policy
- For early registration payment of confirmed registrations must be received by the early registration payment deadline of August 8th, 2008.
- For regular registration (after *August 8th, 2008*) payment is due upon registration.
- Failure to adhere to these deadlines will result in the cancellation of your registration.
- Once canceled, the employer must contact Nicole at (407) 823-6405 or Earnestine at (407) 823-4463 to be placed at the end of the wait list (if the wait list is in effect). In the event space becomes available the employer will be notified. At that time, employers that request to register for the event will be required to pay the regular registration at the time of registration.
To reserve your space, please complete your online registration.
Online Event Registration Instructions for employers with an existing KnightLink account
- Go to www.career.ucf.edu
- Click on the event you want to register for (Career Services Spotlight section)
- Click on ôclick here to registerö
- Login to KnightLink using your existing username and password (sign-in tab at the top of the page)-Click on the Partûtime Job Fair Registration link-Complete the registration form and submitOnline Event Registration Instructions for employers without a KnightLink account-Go to www.career.ucf.edu -Click on the event you want to register for ( Career Services Spotlight section)
- Click on click here to register
- To create a KnightLink account, click on register tab at the top of the page
- Complete company information (be sure to select career fair in the services requested section)
- After your information is submitted, you will receive your system generated username and password within 24 hours
- Once this information is received, you must log back into www.career.ucf.edu and follow the above event registration instructions for employers with an existing KnightLink account to register for the Part-time Job Fair
We look forward to having your organization participate in our Fall 2008 Part-time Job Fair. We will do our best to ensure that your visit will be an enjoyable and worthwhile experience. To receive more information about the Part-time Job Fair, call 407-823-2361. Visit our website at www.career.ucf.edu or call 407-823-2361 for Career Services to receive more information or begin your partnership with Career Services.Sincerely,Earnestine Gould Jackson, Events ManagerCareer Services
Optics and photonics clusters provide you the opportunity to network with industry and academic leaders in your region. Visit the new cluster directory, spie.org/clusters, within the SPIE website to find a cluster near you. Find an optics and photonics cluster in your region
Benefits of clustering include:
- Networking among firms
- Identification of best practices and shared training needs
- Leveraging financial resources
- Strengthening local economies
- Building industry connections that support innovation
Tap into a network of potential partners. There are over 30 clusters worldwide listed in the SPIE Cluster Directory.